The Volleyball Program at Caloundra State High School offers students unique and exciting experiences. The Volleyball Program runs from Years 7-10 and provides our students with an advanced understanding of the game. Strong focus is placed on the essential skills, rules, rotations and teamwork throughout practical lessons. Theoretical aspects teach our students about enhancing performance and being a coach/leader/mentor, resulting in students conducting coaching clinics and mini volleyball tournaments for our local primary school students using our state-of-the-art facilities. Partnering with Volleyball Queensland, we continue to strive for success playing in State (QLD School's Volleyball Cup) and National level (Australian Schools' Volleyball Cup) events, providing Caloundra State High School students with the opportunity to play volleyball at highly challenged level. Caloundra SHS produces representative players at all levels and attracts many elite international players.
In recent years, Caloundra State High School have excelled in performing on all stages of competition:
- Ranked 5th out of 115 school teams Queensland Wide
- 1 Gold medal and 2 Silver medals at the 2018 School's Cup
- 1 Gold medal, 3 Silver medals at the 2017 School's Cup
- 1 Gold medal, 1 Silver medal and 3 Bronze medals at the 2016 School's Cup
- 4 Gold medals, and one 4th place finish at the 2015 School's Cup
- Overall Champion School 2018 Sunshine Coast all school Trish Buckley Tournament - 7 Gold and 2 x 2nd places
- 3 Gold medals, 4x 2nd place finishes and 3x 3rd place finishes at the 2017 Sunshine Coast all schools Trish Buckley Tournament
- 3 Gold medals, 5x 2nd place finishes and 3x 3rd place finishes and 1x 4th place at the 2016 Sunshine Coast all schools Trish Buckley Tournament
2018 Australian Reps - 3
QLD Reps - 5
Regional - 13
Sophie represents Caloundra State High School at the Queensland level and has achieved a Gold medal for her efforts.
Jake & Billy Greber:
Jake Greber is a Gold medal player who, with his brother Billy, compete together at a National level for Volleyball. Jake has also represented Caloundra State High School at a State level.
Coming through the Caloundra State High School's Volleyball Excellence Program, Rachel now co-captains the Australian Volleyball team and ranked in the worlds top 10 female volleyball players. She has now received multiple international MVP awards and currently plays for the Sichuan Volleyball team in China.