The Learning Support Team work intensively with both students and staff to ensure students with specific learning needs are given the opportunity to reach their full potential.
The Learning Support Team offers a number of services:
- Teaching and support of students with various learning needs in their completion of class and assessment tasks.
- Providing support and advice to staff on how best they can meet the individual needs of students who present with specific learning difficulties.
- Development of curriculum content and associated resources in consultation with classroom teachers to enhance the learning needs of students.
- Assessment support for all students attending Caloundra State High School.
- Development of individual curriculum plans for identified students.
The Learning Support Team’s overall philosophy is to ensure that all students participating in the various programs develop their self-confidence and improve their academic performance. To achieve this outcome, the Learning Support team endeavours to provide students with the opportunities and support systems to reach their full potential.